There are many reasons to join a rose club, but these are the ones that make me glad I joined.
1. I enjoy the garden-related field trips organized by the club. For example, in the past few years, we’ve toured the High Country Gardens Nursery, joined a guided tour of the Shakespeare garden at CU Boulder, enjoyed a private tour of the Fresh Herb Garden in Longmont, and picnicked in the Longmont rose garden.
2. I like touring other members’ gardens to see how they how use roses along with other plants to create beautiful spaces.
3. At our monthly meetings, I’ve learned how to choose and grow roses from members with years of gardening experience, some of who are consulting rosarians, master gardeners, and professional landscapers.
4. I’ve met like-minded gardeners who cheer my gardening successes and commiserate with my gardening failures.
5. As a club volunteer, I’ve gained hands-on rose-care experience tending to the roses at the Dushanbe Tea House Rose Garden. Seeing the public enjoy the rose garden truly makes me happy.
6. I’ve met many interesting people who I now count as friends.